GEM Express Inclement Weather and School Closing Policy
GEM Express may close for inclement weather. Due to our enrollment of students and staff that live in both the Allen and Lovejoy school districts, we will adhere to the following:
If Allen or Lovejoy schools close, GEM Express will follow the same recommendation. If either AISD / LISD has a 2 hour delay, GEM will start at 10:30 am.
- If either Loejoy or Allen closes due to inclement weather, GEM will be closed.
- If Lovejoy closes and Allen has a delayed start, GEM will be closed.
- If Allen closes and Lovejoy has a delayed start, GEM will be closed.
- If Allen has a delayed start and Lovejoy does not, GEM starts at 10:30 am.
- If Lovejoy has a delayed start and Allen does not, GEM starts at 10:30 am.
24 Hour Rule
A child may return to school when they have gone
24 hours with NO fever
24 hours with NO throwing up
24 hours with NO diarrhea.
Children who leave school early for any of these illnesses will not be admitted the following school day unless they have a doctor's note stating the child is not contagious.
- DO NOT go between the parked cars.
- DO NOT cut through the cones. Please circle around the back.
- As traffic flow slows, a staff member may move the cones and direct you to the front. If the cones have not been moved, please continue to the back.
- Please go to the lane where the GEM staff member directs you.